Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Quotations from Brainy Smurf 27

"One day's exposure to mountains is better than cartloads of books." --John Muir, naturalist

"We perceive when love begins and when it declines by our embarrassment when alone together." --Jean de la Bruyere, essayist and moralist (1645-1696)

"There are many hypotheses in science which are wrong. That's perfectly all right; they're the aperture to finding out what's right. Science is a self-correcting process. To be accepted, new ideas must survive the most rigorous standards of evidence and scrutiny." --Carl Sagan

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." --Ralph Waldo Emerson

"If being an egomaniac means I believe in what I do and in my art or music, then in that respect you can call me that ... I believe in what I do, and I'll say it." --John Lennon

"Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to continually be part of unanimity." --Christopher Morley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home