Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Quotations from Brainy Smurf 164

"Whenever morality is based on theology, whenever right is made dependent on divine authority, the most immoral, unjust, infamous things can be justified and established." --Ludwig Feuerbach, philosopher (1804-1872)

"I think the next best thing to solving a problem is finding some humor in it." --Frank A. Clark, writer (1911- )

"Jokes of the proper kind, properly told, can do more to enlighten questions of politics, philosophy, and literature than any number of dull arguments." --Isaac Asimov, scientist and writer (1920-92)

"Near and far, near and far
I am happy where you are;
Likewise I have never larnt
How to be it where you aren't.
Then grudge me not my fond endeavor
To hold you in my sight forever;
Let none, not even you, disparage
Such a valid reason for a marriage."
-- Ogden Nash, "Tin Wedding Whistle"




Hag: Two things you must know about the wise woman. First...she is a woman. Second...she is...

Blackadder: Wise?

Hag: Oh! You know her then?

Blackadder: No, just a stab in the dark, which is what you'll be getting in a minute if you don't become more helpful.

--EB to Old Hag : Bells, Blackadder 2

1 Comments:

Blogger James said...

Great Blackadder quote! I LOL'ed at my desk at work!

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home